Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Remember

I chose this blog post on food and tradition for my awareness of audience and voice piece. The instructions for this assignment were to: Write about how food is connected to a specific tradition for your family or your culture. The first thing that came to mind was Thanksgiving. Being a blog post it was intended for an audience and Thanksgiving is such a popular tradition that I thought a lot of people could relate to it. In this post I refer to my understanding of Thanksgiving as a tradition and what it means to me. This part of the post sums it up best, “Over the years I’ve seen a number of different combinations, when it came to foods on the table and routines during dinner, but the consistencies have always been; food, family, and being grateful. The message I took away and hopefully passed on to my children was; share a big meal with those you love, and focus on the good things in life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment