Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Analyze This

The assignment I chose to represent critical analysis is my blog post of, What’s in your wallet? The instructions were; to take out your wallet and examine its contents, and write a one page profile answering the following questions:

• Taken separately or together, how do the contents of your wallet construct an image of your identity?
• What assumptions might someone make about your personality, values, or identity based on what you carry?
• If all they had to go on is your wallet, what would people miss or be unable to know about you?

This assignment seemed like a good critical analysis choice because I started the blog with a listing of my wallet and its contents. And as I learned from this class an analysis is a step by step description of something, or how something is done. The following is an example of a brief analysis from my blog post.

“The wallet itself is a brown leather bi-fold, a little chewed up around the edges and I can see a faded Dockers' stamp on the inside. Inside it has four staggered pockets on the right to hold cards and on the left it has a removable flap with clear plastic for an ID. Behind the ID and card holders there are two long pockets (I think this is where all the money is supposed to go).”

This assignment appealed to me because I’ve always been a step-by-step, detailed person. The challenge for me was to put it in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment