Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Do Over

The assignment that could benefit most from rewrite is my first timed write of, Lars and the Real Girl. The assignment was clear and stated, “develop a thesis-driven discussion that demonstrates how the film defines what it is to be an outsider (using one or two characters from the film you chose and discussed) AND how this definition upholds or challenges your own cultural understanding of what it means to be an outsider.” The instructions also noted this wasn’t to be a summary of the movie, which is exactly what I managed to do. Before I knew it, I had ended up with a summary and had run out of time, I concluded my paper with, “The conclusion is, I summarized the story and then ran out of time.” My score suggests that it wasn’t as funny as I thought. To be fair to the assignment I treated the re-write as a timed write also.

No comments:

Post a Comment